DO YOU WANT TO HELP IMPROVE THE CARE
AND TREATMENT OF FEMALE ATHLETES?
Effect of the menstrual cycle and hormonal contraceptives on training adherence, volume, and intensity in endurance runners
We are calling on female runners of all abilities to participate in a study with St. Mary’s University, investigating the influence of the menstrual cycle and hormonal contraceptives on training adherence, volume, and intensity.
Whether you are an elite trained runner or a recreational runner, we would love for you to get involved if you:
- Run a minimum of twice a week (no minimal distance)
- >18 years old, and not yet started menopause
- Have not been pregnant or breastfed in the last 12 months
- Are on any form of hormonal contraceptive or not taking any form of hormonal contraceptive.
- Have been on the same, or no, form of hormonal contraceptive for 3 months prior to the study and for the duration of the study.
You will be invited to complete an online questionnaire, which should take no longer than 10 minutes.
Following the questionnaire, you will then need to track your menstrual cycle symptoms on the Fitrwoman app and all training sessions on Strava for 16 weeks.
For more information, please contact Emily Bowring at firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to get started.